Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Apache (xampp) not starting on windows 7

Hi, I just pass another dirty 30 minutes trying to sort out this issue. Without this nonsense of Microsoft stopping the support of XP,  I would have never been there even .
 I installed a new version of windows 7 and also installed a latest version of xampp successfully. When I start apache later it couldn't start. Usually this problem is often caused by the port 80 being busy because of Skype, IIS, etc. However I don't have skype installed on my PC yet, even IIS is not running , I even when further in the CMD listing port with > netstat -aon  still no mention of port 80.
 I started realizing that I am dumped this time again my dear Microsoft black box OS (smile).

Solution:

I finally get it started by right clicking the Xampp Control Panel icon on the desktop and  
Run as administrator and boooooommmmmmmm it just fires like a charm. This may not be a standard solution but help you work around. We never make it till some times we fake it. That said stay tuned and don't forget to drop a comment....

No comments:

Post a Comment