Monday, August 19, 2013

PDF report generation in java

The most common challenges faced by java programmers is handling report. Don't worry there are pretty wonderful tools and packages out there for you ready to be used. But it important to choose the right tool. Choosing the right tool preventing you from tedious and useless learning curve.
 From my little experience i will suggest you four ones: JASPER IREPORT, BIRT REPORT, PENTAHO REPERT and ITEXT.

  1.  Jasper ireport : it is my best preference. If you are using netbeans please don't think twice it will a perfect match. Ease to use like netbeans, drag and drop, tons of tutorial , dynamic community, report available in many format like pdf, xls , html, ppt, doc , etc. and more cool feature.
  2. BIRT report from IBM is cool trust me. If you use eclispse as IDE i strongly recommend you to go with Birt. 
  3. PENTAHO is another good tool but I have not got the chance to develop a full application with it except exploring but it is worth giving it a try.
  4. ITEXT oh yes if you are a coder how like to do it yourself, this package is for you. You have to build everything from scratch.  I remembered to have burnt my fingers during my undergraduate project when I was still arrogant and willing to do it all from level zero.
I hope this little post will help you to make the right choice for your next java project and save TIME.
When coding becomes fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment